Rights of the SSC of AzerbaijanThe SSC of Azerbaijan has the following rights in order to carry out its duties:
- to prepare or to attend in the preparation of drafts a legislative acts concerning the statistical field;
- to receive substantial and reliable statistical data in a defined way, volume and period for free of charge from executive bodies, legal entities (their representative and branch offices) regardless the type of property and organizational-legal form of the Republic of Azerbaijan, from legal entities of Republic located outside of borders of the Republic of Azerbaijan and from the representatives of foreign legal entities, branches acting in the territory of Republic, as well as from the citizens of and natural persons of the Republic of Azerbaijan, according to legislative acts, determined by the SSC of Azerbaijan;
- to show initiative on support the international treaties of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the statistical field;
- to corporate with relevant international organizations, corresponding state bodies of foreign countries and to study relevant experience of foreign countries in a defined way by legislative.
- to make corrections on reports in the case of distortion of data, to set out compulsory tasks to be implemented by legal entities (their representative and branch offices) and natural persons for the reflection of these corrections on primary statistical and accounting and other documents, to requires necessary information and references from them related with this issue;
- to coordinate works on the approval and improvement of statistical report forms, to work out official statistical report forms, to determine their collection periods and rules (excluding the rules of carrying out state statistics on the field of protection of environment and labor protection), to liquidate official statistical reports those not having importance anymore;
- to render a statistical services which is not considered in the program on the statistical works to legal entities and natural persons by paying the fee to the state budget;
- to sell produced statistical materials (books) and additional materials which is not considered in the program of statistical works to users, except executive, legislative and court authorities, mass media, in defined way and by paying the fee to state budget;
- to get necessary from central executive authorities (tax bodies-red) operating the state register of the legal entities (their representative and branch offices) and individual entrepreneurs for establishing and conducting the state register of statistical units;
- to publish data on the results of social, economic, demographic and ecological situation of the Republic of Azerbaijan, to work out methodological issues in the field of statistics, to give recommendations and suggestions according to the activity directions;
- to select the source and method of data acquisition for carrying out works in the field of statistics, to determine the form and time of its dissemination;
- to attract independent experts and specialists to ones activities as defined by legislation;
- to use statistical data of database of corresponding executive authorities on the base of contracts made;
- to make decisions to be executed by legal entities and natural persons in the sphere of organizing statistical works, corresponding to authorities;
- to apply administrative reproach measures on persons violating the rules of presenting statistical data within the framework of powers and disseminating statistical secret, as defined by legislation;
- to implement other rights considered by the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Law on "Official Statistics"
Statute on the State Statistical Committee
Statute on the regional and city statistical department (division) of the SSC of Azerbaijan
Law on "Civil Service"
State Symbols of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Law on "Rules of Ethics Conduct of Civil Servants"
Law on "Combating Corruption"
Law on "Access to information"